Thursday, February 1, 2018

Pediatric Certification

Pediatric occupational therapy is the reason I wanted to become an occupational therapist. A little girl, Haley, at my church was diagnosed with brain cancer, and during her radiation treatments, she received every kind of therapy possible. When I would ask her what her favorite part of her week was, she would always name what she did with the OTs at Johns Hopkins. This inspired me to pursue a career where I could give a child the bright spot in their week.

Because of this, I want to work in a pediatric hospital and eventually obtain a pediatric certification. Working with children has always been my preference because no matter the situation they are thrown into, a child can ALWAYS find something to smile about. They just have a more positive outlook on life. Eventually I want to obtain my certification in pediatrics and potentially construct a certification for pediatric oncology.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you're thinking about this as a leader/change agent!

    ReplyDelete

Mock Interview Reflection

I feel like I learned a lot about myself during this mock interview. I have had about four formal interviews, two of them not really work...